Thursday, July 1

I'm Running To Your Arms

Hard to capture all that's happened in our lives this past month... so I won't even try ;-) Maybe just highlight a few things...

It seems as though life is erupting all around us... battles have been fought and won... wounds patched up... new milestones achieved every day... a beloved cousin taken from us.

As many of you know, Kim's cousin Andrew was killed in Afghanistan serving and defending our country. We are humbled by the emerging stories and support for Andrew from literally thousands across the country. I looked at the photos and watched the videos like many of you, and know what Steven and Joanna are feeling now. Through Andrew's passing, God has brought fresh, sweet memories of Matt and again vividly reminded me of the very real battle raging over our hearts.

"As part of Christ's army, you march in the ranks of gallant spirits. Every one of your fellow soldiers is the child of a King. Some, like you, are in the midst of battle, besieged on every side by affliction and temptation. Others, after many assaults, repulses, and rallyings of their faith, are already standing upon the wall of heaven as conquerors. From there they look down and urge you, their comrades on earth, to march up the hill after them. This is their cry: 'Fight to the death and the City is your own, as now it is ours!'" -- William Gurnall

Andrew is standing on the wall, joyfully reveling in his reward, along with all those that have gone before us... urging us on.

Pay attention to what is happening in your life and give credit and Honor to the One that rescues... Jesus Christ alone has accomplished the way for our ultimate and inevitable victory. All we have to do is march up the hill, running into the arms of our saviour... If we are not intentional and attentive to our relationship with Jesus, we will be swept away with the mediocrity and apathy of this world that finds it all too easy to justify self-worship and ignore injustice.

Heard this song for the first time last night... God has used this song (as He so often does) to minister to me and capture this latest season of lessons for me...

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering

You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life
In You death has lost its sting

Oh, I'm running to Your arms
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign!


1 comment:

  1. I was helping out at my church for Extreme Weekend and we sang Im Running To Your Arms and now I cant stop singing it in my head. It's so catchy.

    ReplyDelete